Information for Tenants: Properties in England
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
In addition to paying rent for the property, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments:
Before the tenancy starts:
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent; and/or
- Deposit: 5 weeks rent (or in the case of rental income of more than £50,000 per annum 6 weeks rent).
During the tenancy:
- Payments to other third parties: such as Council Tax, utilities or payments for communications services;
- Default Charges: such as payments for the replacement of lost keys or interest on overdue rent; and
- Tenancy Transaction Charges: such as requests to vary or assign the tenancy.
Hertford Property Services is a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme.